A Message To Our Members and Followers …
Moving the Community Forward
There is a reason this building is still standing; it means something to the people of Bayou Pigeon.
Community members came together and saved the former St Joan of Arc church and complex from being bull dozed and plowed under to become green fields.
Starting Oct. 26, 2021 we will be making 3 separate facebook postings on the Bayou Pigeon Heritage Facebook page outlining and explaining the good things that are happening in our Association thus bringing all our members and Facebook followers, up to Date.
In this day and era, will be using social media, to communicate / update the community on how the BPHA is moving the community forward. Please look for it and read them. you should be impressed, no kidding!
The purpose of doing this will be to motivate our BPHA Facebook followers, over 700 strong to join the BPHA if you have not already done so. If you are not up to date recommit. And to come out and support our major fund raiser of the year.
Almost since the inception of the BPHA we have been in a start / stop mode, as a result of Covid 19 Pandemic, 2021 Lower Grand River Flooding, and Hurricane Ida and Nicholas.
Despite these ‘Acts of God’, Bayou Pigeon Heritage is moving forward,
This is possible due to a core group Native Bayou Pigeon folks and people of Iberville Parish that value Bayou Pigeon and culture and folklife, volunteering and doing the work.
At this time, we would be remiss if did not recognize one of those parish residents for his effort, Mr. Chris Daigle, BPHA president.
Chris, even though he is not a resident or native of Bayou Pigeon he has done yeomans job of keeping the BPHA moving forward. He is Iberville Parish School Board Member, IPRD Board Member, and White Castle, LA. business owner.
Chris is a BPHA life member and in the last two years has put in a lot personal time and money into our organization. Above and Beyond and the call of duty.
On Nov. 14, 2021, we will be having our 2nd Annual Fall Fest / Wild Game Cook Off.
Our major fund raiser for the year ... We could use all the help we can get...
Did you know … research data has documented that…. wikipedia.org. Fundraising
• 80% of Americans believe it’s essential for people to come together in person to achieve success.
• 71% of Americans agree that attending live events makes them feel more connected to other people, the community, and the world around them. A sentiment that has increased since 2014 (66%).
• 70% of American men and women agree that attending a live event has been more successful at expanding their perspective than just reading about a topic online.
• 84% of people believe that live events inspire positive change for an organization / community.
• 73% of young people consider attending an live event a form of expression.
• By involving prospective givers into the middle of the action, you put color to your cause.
• Finally, success in areas of the common local life are strengthened through having access to live local events.
What is the takeaway from this message …
The BPHA has proven we are moving BAYOU PIGEON FORWARD.
What are you waiting for ?
Join our successful organization, enjoy the Facilities, and support our 2nd Annual fall Fest.
Contact Patty Phillips 225 776 1706
Chris Settoon 225 776 3616
Chris Daigle 225 776 4122
Cliff LeGrange 225 776 2686